The iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max will give you the perfect recipe to overcrowd your working space. Think of it this way – great iPhone, generous screen, the App Store at your fingertips, and so many things you want to try out! And you try, and you try, until you realize that there’s little to no space left on that generous screen. What do you do about it? How can you declutter things up and better organize your icons, especially if you’re not ready to give up on any of them?
The following instructions will refer to both apps and icons. Just go on and discover your options on how to create folders on iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max!
The first and most common option to create new folders on iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max..
- Involves pairing two apps that you want to have in that shared folder;
- After you have mentally and visually selected those icons, go on and tap and hold the first one;
- Drag it towards the second icon, without letting go of the selection;
- Only release it when the two app icons are overlapped;
- You should see a folder popping up instantly and expect to be required to type its name;
- After that, suffices to grab your icons one by one and release them on top of the folder that you just created.
The second option that you have at hand to create new folders on iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max…
Starts from just one app, not the first two that you want to group, as in the previous method. Prepare yourself to select an app and follow these steps to create new folders on iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max:
- Tap and hold on an app icon located on the Home screen;
- Slowly drag the app to the top of your display;
- As you see the option labeled as New Folder, take the icon into that direction and release it on top of it;
- Use the window that will pop up to type the name of your new folder, as prompted;
- Confirm with Done (check the keyboard for this option!);
- Repeat the steps to drag and drop other apps as well, extending the content of your new folder and making extra free space on the Home Screen.
Have you tried both options on how to create a new folder on iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max? Which one you prefer and why?