To cut, copy and paste on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iPhone Xr – how hard can it be, you wonder… Well, if you’re staring at that text fragment and you have no idea how to select it, this can prove very hard. For sure, your iPhone has no flashy button that says “Select”. So, with nothing but the text on your screen, where do you start from?
To cut to the chase, it’s hard when you don’t have the basics. But the basics are so simple and easy to grasp! In this article, we will introduce you to the special tools for cut, copy and paste text on your iPhone. They really are hidden, but they can also surface in an instant.
Let us show you how to highlight and then remove words, how to copy and paste between different apps, the email included, and a few other cool things. Ready for the instructions?
How to select/highlight text fragments on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone 8?
- Tap and hold anywhere on the text that you are about to edit;
- As you hold down, a magnifying glass will appear, allowing you to start the selection;
- Place the cursor on the specific location for text selection and only then you can lift up the finger;
- Next, you’ll see a small menu extending on top of your screen – use the Select option available in there;
- This will lead to automatically highlighting the closest word from where you’ve initially placed the cursor;
- If you tap Select All, the entire text will be highlighted;
- If you drag the blue dots right and left, you can control the selection and choose to highlight only a fragment from the entire text;
- When you have the selection in place, use one of the options listed within the menu – Cut or Copy;
- Switch to the window where you planned to bring up that text;
- Long press anywhere else on an empty area of the new window;
- When the menu with the Paste option shows up, select it and your cut or copied text will pop up in there instantly.
Now, you can either copy a big chunk of text and start cutting pieces from it on that new window, or you can carefully select only the text that you need, from the initial window. Either way, you can cut, copy and paste on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus just as easily.