An iCloud account comes with all the data that the owner of the device stored on that iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus. If you just bought your iPhone from someone else and not directly from the store, you might want to begin with a general cleanup. Just in case that the previous owner didn’t actually remove all data, it cannot hurt to learn how to delete the iCloud account and start configuring yours from scratch.
In today’s article, we would like to show you not one, but three different options that will give you the same result. You’re free to select the one that seems most accessible to you, so, first, let’s see your options.
How to delete an iCloud account on the iPhone 8 / iPhone 8 Plus – Option #1
- Turn on the device;
- Go to the Settings app and launch it;
- Navigate to the iCloud section from the Settings app;
- Browse for an option labeled as Sign Out or Delete Account;
- When you find it, tap on it and confirm the action by selecting, once again, the Sign Out or the Delete option, when prompted.
How to delete an iCloud account on the iPhone 8 / iPhone 8 Plus – Option #2
- Go to the same Settings app and start it;
- Underneath the General tab, look for the Reset option;
- Select Reset, followed by Erase All Content and Settings;
- Once you’ve selected the latter, wait for it to delete all the data associated with that Apple ID.
How to delete an iCloud account on the iPhone 8 / iPhone 8 Plus – Option #3
The third option is the simplest of them all. Since we are talking about deleting the Apple ID and you know you can do it from the iCloud section, consider using it with the special Find My iPhone service connected to it. Go to Settings, select the iCloud option and disable the Find My iPhone feature. All these being said, you have all the information on how to delete the iCloud account from any iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus you want.