In theory, you can use the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus devices even for accessing files that are compressed in the popular zip format. In practice, however, the iPhone can only handle the zip archives that contain only PDF files.
If the compressed files that you are trying to unzip contain other formats as well, the standard settings of your Apple device will not be able to handle it.
This small flaw can be, however, easily fixed. And in this article, we are going to show you how to get rid of it once and for all. It’s a free solution, so, enjoy using it!
In order to download and access Zip files on the iPhone 8…
- Turn on the device;
- Launch the App Store center;
- Run a search for the Zip Viewer keywords;
- Download the Zip Viewer app and install it;
- Then leave the App Store and navigate to the location of the zip file you’re planning to open;
- Download that particular zip file (or files);
- Use Open in (the option from the upper-left corner);
- Select Open in Zip Viewer.
Within a few seconds, you have downloaded and opened zip files on the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Now that you have the Zip Viewer app at your disposal, you will be able to access any zip file you need!