You listen to music every single day and you probably have lots of favorite songs on iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max. Have you ever thought to turn them into ringtones for your favorite contacts? Or even for your most annoying contacts, just so you recognize them by the call and don’t bother with picking up the phone? This is not a joke, you can download ringtones on the Apple iPhone and customize as many contacts in your agenda as you want. Do you know how to get started?
The following is a lot more than the traditional guides that send you to the list with predefined ringtones. Here’s how you can take the situation into your own hands…
How to download but, most importantly, how to edit iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max ringtones!
- You must start with the iTunes app, you know that, right?
- And not just delve into it, but first, check for any new available update;
- The moment you’re sure that you run the latest version of iTunes, you can start browsing for that song that will be used as a custom ringtone;
- As you must suspect, you can’t use the entire song, no matter how short it is, so, you will have to select a sequence of no more than 30 seconds;
- To delimit that sequence, you must tap the song and access the editing menu, either with the Ctrl-click or the Right-click command;
- Within that menu, access the Get Info option and create the Start and the Stop of your new ringtone;
- Repeat the steps to access the menu and select the Create AAC Version;
- After you have copied that new version, you can remove the original;
- Before you add it to iTunes, take a few extra seconds and replace its “.m4a” extension with “.m4r”;
- After that, you can sync the iTunes with the iPhone and return to the iPhone’s settings;
- In there, under the Sounds menu, you can select the Ringtone option and browse through the list, up to the ringtone that you just created.
With this new song, you can customize the ringtone or the new message notification sound for a contact from your phone’s agenda. Of course, you have more than one contact that you want to stand out and recognize when they call, just by the ringtone. So, repeat this process for as many times as you need. Now that you know the drill, you’re free to download and edit lots of new ringtones on iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max.