When you’re just starting out with the iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, or whatever Apple device you’re using, you have a lot on your plate. The ringtone of the incoming calls is not on your list, so you settle with whatever default option you have at hand. Sometimes, maybe you take a few minutes to go through the list of predefined media files and pick something else, but that’s it.
Later on, when you hear other people with unique ringtones, you start asking yourself how to download ringtones to iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iPhone Xr. Can you really personalize your calls with any song you want? Can you do it for each person on your agenda? Can you change other audio notifications as well? The answers are Yes, Yes, and Yes!
Regardless of your reasons – just for fun, out of pure boredom, for curiosity or just because you want to make things more personal – you can do it. We have prepared some instructions for you below, but we need to prepare you as well. In order to get to know who’s calling without even looking at the display, there are some steps that need to be followed. They seem like a lot, but it’s not that complicated. Let us show it to you!
Learn how to download new ringtones to iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr:
- Launch the iTunes;
- Scan for updates and run the newest software version;
- Browse for the song you plan to use;
- Create Start/Stop times with Right-click or Ctrl-click >> tap on Get Info (from the context list that will open);
- Right-click or Ctrl-click >> tap on Create AAC version (from the list of options that will appear);
- Copy the newly created AAC version;
- Delete the original song version;
- Change the extension of the new file: replace the current “.m4a” to “.m4r”;
- Add the new files to your iTunes and sync the iTunes with the iPhone;
- Go to Settings and Sounds to select the newly created Ringtone from there.
That’s all we had to say on how to download a song and turn it into a custom ringtone for iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr contacts. Just don’t forget that whatever song you choose, you will only be able to use a 30-second sequence out of it! Now go on and practice with every single contact, you can custom their ringtones individually!