As amazing as an iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iPhone Xr would look, what you’re seeing, as an average user, is just the tip of the iceberg. More experienced users and developers, the kind of persons who want to push boundaries and explore new settings – more or less related to security but not only – can always enable the Developer Mode.
The reason why you can’t see the Developer Mode on your iPhone is quite simple – these hidden features are not for everyone. But then again, this argument alone isn’t enough to indicate that, if you enable the Developer Mode on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, you risk causing some kind of damage.
If words like third-party ROMs and USB debugging make sense to you, perhaps you should give the Developer Mode a try. Whatever you want to experience with your new iPhone, we won’t be the ones to oppose. On the contrary, we’re here to show you how to unlock the fascinating features that this mode packs. So, here is the guide that you’ve been looking for:
To enable the Developer Mode on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus…
- You must first connect the iPhone to a computer, be it a Mac or a PC;
- With the iPhone connected, hold the Home and Power keys (7, maybe 10 seconds);
- After that, you can let go of the Power button and keep pressing the Home button for approximately 10 other seconds;
- Finally, when you release the Home button, there are two indicators you’ll have to look for:
- The screen of the iPhone must remain black;
- The iTunes will report that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode and that you must first restore the iPhone in order to use it with iTunes.
When the two aspects above mentioned have been detected, it’s a clear sign that you are in the Developer Mode or the iPhone DFU Reset as it is often called. Now that you know what you have to do, do not ignore the instructions on how to safely exit the DFU Mode. What’s the point in knowing how to enable the Developer Mode on an Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iPhone Xr, if you can’t get out of it without problems?