The iPhone X/iPhone 10 camera apps can sometimes take blurry videos or pictures. In fact, when this blurry effect shows up, it manifests on both videos and pictures. As weird as it might seem, as long as it starts showing up from the moment you bought your iPhone, it’s great news. That’s because it may not be such a big deal.
You’ll find this funny, but the number one reason why new iPhone X/iPhone 10 users get blurry pictures is the plastic foil protecting the camera lens. It comes like that from the factory (which is why we said it’s good news if you get this “problem” from the moment you buy it) and it’s often overlooked. After all, the transparent plastic casing is really hard to notice. And with all the excitement of unpacking the iPhone, you can lose it out of sight.
Of course, the process of fixing these blurry videos and pictures on iPhone X/iPhone 10 or iPhone X/iPhone 10 is not always rainbows and butterflies. There are also instances when the foil has been removed but the problem persists. If that’s the case, you can…
First, clear the cache and the data of the camera app:
- To clear the cache and data you must make it to the Documents & Data submenu, within the Settings app;
- Launch the app and, from the General menu, choose the Storage & iCloud Usage, followed by Manage Storage, followed, finally, by that Documents and Data option;
- In there, swipe left on each of the items you wish to clear data for and use the Delete option;
- If you don’t want to manually handle the problem, use the Edit and the Delete All options to get over it.
And second, do an iPhone X/iPhone 10 factory reset:
- Turn back to Settings, General;
- Select the Reset tab;
- To initiate the process, confirm your ownership by typing the Apple ID and password;
- Wait for the device to reset;
- Unlock the screen and test the camera app.
Just to be clear, if you’re unhappy and still getting fuzzy results even when you have done this factory reset, it’s serious. Take the phone back into service and get a professional solution!