If you’re one of those people who has bought the newest iPhone from Apple, you might want to know how to fix “Cannot Get Mail The connection to the server failed” on iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro or iPhone 12 Pro Max. If this is happening to you, don’t worry as this is a common thing to happen and there’s a few different ways to fix this.
This message usually shows up when your iPhone attempts to get new emails from Yahoo Mail, Gmail or Microsoft Exchange and then an error message says “Cannot Get Mail, The connection to the server failed.” Follow the steps below to learn how to fix iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro or iPhone 12 Pro Max “Cannot Get Mail The Connection To The Server Failed.”
Reenter Account Passwords
The first thing you should do if this is happening is to reenter your account passwords. It is common that if you have changed the password of your email on your computer, you’ll also have to change the password on your iPhone separately. Since most people don’t know about this, you’ll have to manually go and make these updates. To reenter your email password for these steps:
- Turn on your iPhone
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendar
- Tap on Account
- Select on Password
- Now tap on Password and reenter your password
- Go back to your Mail app and see if the “Cannot Get Mail The Connection To The Server Failed” has been fixed
Change Password Settings
If that steps above don’t work, then the next thing that we suggest is that you go and change the passwords of your email and see if that will fix the “Cannot Get Mail The Connection To The Server Failed” error on iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Change Microsoft Exchange Security Settings
- Go to Active Directory Users and computer
- Select View and then tap on Advanced Features.
- Tap on Properties.
- Select on Security tab and pick Advanced.
- Choose “Include inheritable permissions from this object’s parent”.
- Turn off iCloud and reset it it
- Turn ON and OFF “Airplane”
- Delete that email account and then reenter it into your iPhone
- Adjust the “Mail Days to Sync” field to “No Limit”.
After you follow the steps above, you should know how to fix “Cannot Get Mail The Connection To The Server Failed” on iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max. If you have any comments or questions, please let us know and we’ll help you out the best we can.