Text messaging on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xr is a route with at least two lanes. Aside from the standard messaging services available for a fee, the one that all smartphones rely on, Apple users also have the popular, free, made for Apple alone iMessage service. When you’re playing at both ends, the probability of getting duplicate text message notifications on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr cannot be ignored…
If you too receive a new text message notification and, minutes later, you get a new notification for the same initial message, there are three things you must take control over:
First, refresh the iMessage service – the classic Off and back On switch:
- Go to your Settings app;
- Select the Messages option;
- In there, you’ll see the iMessage feature with its own toggle;
- Tap on it to change the status to Off;
- Tap one more time to reactivate it, but only after a few minutes.
Next, take a look at the Send & Receive special settings:
- Obviously, you return to the main Settings section;
- Under the Messages tab, select the Send & Receive submenu;
- Look at the entry “You can be reached by iMessage at”;
- Underneath it, you should have the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus’ phone number.
Last but not least, disable the Repeat Alerts option:
- For the last time, go to Settings;
- Tap on Notifications;
- Tap on Messages;
- Change the status of the Repeat Alerts into Never.
After taking these steps, the iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iPhone Xr should no longer send you multiple new message notifications for the same message.