We are thankful that Apple releases a new iPhone every year that makes our lives that much easier. The new technology that is provided on these devices can be a real help. But what is interesting it is sometimes the old technology that continues to be problem. One example of this is for those that are dealing with the iMessage waiting for activation issue on iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Even with all the new updates, this issue is still common when wanting to activate iMessage on iPhone 12 Pro. The iMessage not working on iPhone 12 Pro is that many people have to deal with when upgrading their iPhone.
If this is something that you are dealing with, don’t worry this has happened to us before and we will explain how to fix iPhone 12 iMessage waiting for activation problem. Please follow the instructions below to learn how to troubleshoot this issue.
iMessage “Waiting for Activation” Issue – Things To Try First
For those that want to know how to activate iMessage on iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Pro to fix an iMessage is not working issue, a few things need to be looked at first. Before you start doing anything else with your iMessage activation unsuccessful, please check these out to see if you can get iPhone iMessage activation to work.
- Check to see that you have the correct number listed on your iMessage account. Sometimes when you change telephone numbers, your iMessage will stay connected to your old phone number. If this is the case, then go to your iMessage settings and change the association from your old phone number to your current phone number
- Another common issue when iMessage not working on iPhone 12 or iMessage activation unsuccessful is because of the WiFi conditions. If you are not connected to WiFi or have a weak WiFi connection, then the iMessage activation unsuccessful on iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro Max will occur.
Sign IN And OUT Of Apple ID Sometimes Fixes iMessage Waiting For Activation Issue
- Turn on your iPhone
- Go to Settings
- tap on Mesasge
- Tap on “Send & Receive”
- Tap on Apple ID and then Sign OUT
- Turn iMessage OFF
- Give it a few minutes and then turn iMessage back ON
- Sign back in with Apple ID and activate iMessage again
Airplane Mode Check When iMessage Not Working
Sometimes a simple fix for iPhone 12 iMessage not working can be done by just enabling and disabling Airplane Mode. Follow these steps to do that”
- Power on your iPhone
- Swipe down from the top right corner of the screen
- Look for the Airplane logo
- Tap on it to turn on Airplane Mode
- Wait a few minutes
- Then go back and disable Airplane Mode
- Now with Airplane Mode turned off, your iPhone will start looking for the nearest cell towers to get a signal for you, which sometimes fixes your issue
Reset Or Restore iMessage Waiting For Activation Fix
If the above suggestions did not work, then the next thing what we recommend you do to help fix activate iMessage when iMessage is not working on iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 is to factory reset your iPhone. If you don’t know how to do this, please follow this guide on how to factory reset iPhone 12 Pro Max and other iPhone 12 models.
If none of these methods work, then you should reach out to your wireless provider and ask for their support. As this issue might not be with your iPhone, but it could be an issue with your service instead.
The guide above should let you learn how to fix iPhone 12 Mini and iPhone 12 Pro iMessage waiting for activation problem. If you have any other problem with your iPhone, send us a message so we can help you out.