If you are having overheating issues with your iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus/SE, you can follow the advice in the article to try and fix it. This device has reported to overheat and shut down or freeze after just a couple of house of solid use.
Check out these issues and their corresponding solutions to see if your iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus/SE can be put back in shape.
Third party apps
It is possible that your overheating issue could be related to a recent installation. Follow these steps to enter safe mode and remove unwanted apps.
- Hold the power button and home button together.
- The screen will go black.
- Keep holding the power button, but release the home button when you reach the black screen.
- When the Apple logo comes up, hold Volume up.
- The Springboard will load.
When the device is in safe mode, if the problem is gone, you’ll know that it’s a third party app that’s the issue. Apps can be uninstalled one by one, or if you want to get rid of all of them, you can attempt a Factory Reset. See more on conducting a factory reset and iPhone.
It is recommended that you perform a wipe your phone’s cache partition before going through with a Factory Reset. Here you can learn how to clear the Apple iPhone .
Of you can follow these steps:
- Go to Settings
- Then General
- Go to Storage & iCloud Usage.
- Go to Manage Storage.
- Tap any item within Documents and Data.
- Move unwanted items left and select Delete.
- Then select Edit.
- Press Delete All to remove all data in the delete section.