The term of audio problems may be very vague and define an extended range of malfunctions. When you notice your Apple iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus that acts strangely when you’re trying to make a call or even when you have a call in progress, don’t just ignore the issue. Try to analyze the context when the volume not working manifests and see if there are any connections you can make.
Are you having problems with hearing the other person or it’s just the opposite? Do the problems start from the moment you pick up the phone or later on, during the conversation? A specialist might have different opinions and suggestions based on the way you describe these malfunctions. But until you get there, we believe you would like to give it a try yourself…
When you don’t know how to fix the audio not working on an iPhone 8…
- Learn how to enter the Recovery Mode from the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus and perform a reset, after you have previously backed everything up!
- Follow this guide with the steps of how to wipe the cache from your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus and see if you get any changes in terms of audio quality.
- Deactivate the Bluetooth and test the sound because this simple measure is often reported to make a difference.
- Take out the SIM card and put it back to see if adjusting the position of the SIM has any effect.
- Use some compressed air to clean the microphone, just in case that the problems are caused by the dust or debris caught up in there.
If you didn’t have any luck with our top five suggestions on how to fix the Apple iPhone 8 / iPhone 8 Plus volume not working, ask professional help. The sound and audio problems should be easily solved in an authorized Apple service center.