When navigating on your favorite websites on iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max is becoming more and more difficult, stop and think for a while. If it looks like a general problem, with photos replaced by the broken image icon and social media channels that barely load their feed, check your signal strength!
The general aspects you should consider:
- There are a few common reasons that you can suspect from the first moment;
- There is also a special setting relating to the Wi-Fi that you need to check;
- There is a high possibility that you might require professional assistance.
Those common potential causes are usually simple things that might cross your mind or not. Once you get to see their list, a few ideas on what to do about each of them and how to test that possibility might come naturally. But if, when you finish that list, you’re still in the same situation with the signal strength on your iPhone, focus your attention on the Wi-Fi assist function and the status of the cache partition. Ultimately, we will insist on the idea of specialized help, the last resource that must never be overlooked.
Top 5 common problems that affect signal strength on iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max
- Your mobile data plan is exceeded – or maybe you have reached the data speed limit or you have some other limitations in place;
- Your website, the one you’re trying to access, is not in good condition – it might need an update, it might have been through an unsuccessful update or just deal with a traffic spike;
- Your internet browser – it might need a clear data and cache action or a software update;
- Your Wi-Fi network – it might have too many users, a poor signal, a poor connection, and so on;
- Your iPhone – it might be running out of memory, need a firmware update, or have too many apps active in the background.
What does the Wi-Fi Assist have to do with iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max signal strength?
The Wi-Fi Assist is… assisting your iPhone constantly, deciding if the active internet connection is offering you the best navigational experience. If the service has reasons to suspect that your connectivity should be switched – from Wi-Fi to Cellular or the other way around – it will do so, without exception and without asking your permission.
When you are having signal strength issues, the Wi-Fi Assist might often consider that this change is required, leading to numerous connection – disconnection actions. All these will obviously interrupt your navigation and make the device move slowly during those switching cycles. To eliminate this option:
- Go to Settings;
- Open the Cellular tab;
- Locate the Wi-Fi Assist;
- Change its status to Off.
Why clear the cache partition and how to do it?
We’ve come to talk the Wipe Cache Partition feature. Sure, you must have heard of it before, but we want you not to mistake it with the most common action of clearing the app cache. This is an action for the entire system, you are not just clearing the cache of whatever app, you are clearing the cache of the iOS. And you must do it with the device booted in the Recovery Mode. Since it’s not exactly a walk in the park, we strongly advise you to read our guide on how to wipe the cache on iPhone and only then move to action.
Are you ready to seek technical assistance from the Apple technicians?
You’ve come a long way from the first time you noticed the signal strength problems. None of the most common causes helped you, turning off the Wi-Fi Assist and wiping the cache didn’t change a thing, so, now what?
Now you take the iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max and take it to an authorized service, for a signal problem troubleshooting by the book. You’ve come to it and the sooner you convince yourself that there’s no other way to do it, the sooner you will get an actual fix or a solution that you must decide on. Either way, the signal strength problem on iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max must get its resolution from the specialists.