Would you rather have the iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max without internet at all than to have a slow internet connection? Some Apple users would swear by it, arguing that when the internet connection is not working at all, there are fewer possible reasons and it’s easier to investigate…
On the other hand, if the internet is working but it manifests all kinds of lags, it can be very confusing. Imagine that you are trying to access the Instagram or the Facebook account from iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max and it literally takes ages for you to see those photos from the newsfeed. And then, the YouTube videos are loading so-and-so, other websites show occasionally broken image icons and it’s all a confusing mess.
Going in this direction, we could mention you up to nine different causes for the entire above:
- Full/corrupted internet cache, with a potential fix given by wiping the cache of the browsing app;
- Outdated web browser version that might require you to scan for a new version and install the software update;
- Outdated firmware version that requires, just like the outdated browser, a firmware update;
- Insufficient memory on the device, calling for a thorough cleanup and the removal of all unnecessary data;
- Too many apps running in the background, scanning for updates or notifications, and requiring you to block their access to the internet;
- A loaded network that needs to be decongested;
- A website overwhelmed by heavy traffic;
- A low signal coming from the Wi-Fi network;
- A limitation triggered by your current data plan.
For each of the nine probable causes outlined above, the solution is more than obvious. At the same time, simply because you go through it all and make the changes as much as you are in control, you won’t be guaranteed that the slow internet problem will come to an end.
When the simple slow internet fixes don’t work with your iPhone X,iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max…
- You must try the mobile data connection alone, for a comparison term. If the internet works well on mobile data, it can be something related to the Wi-Fi network, its signal, your iPhone’s wireless module, the router etc. But if you’re having the same lags on cellular and Wi-Fi, you need to dig deeper.
- You can clear the cache memory of the entire device, from the Recovery Mode booting sequence. If you access this mode on the iPhone X,iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max, you will see the Wipe Cache Partition option – with our guide here on how to wipe the iPhone cache, you’re ready to start and confident that your personal information, apps, music, and photos will be safe. It’s just a wipe of the cache memory, not of the physical memory.
- Finally, but just as importantly, if you just can’t get to the bottom of the problem on your own, ask for technical support. The Apple technicians have the inside knowledge, the right software and hardware tools, and even the right to open up your device and check its physical components, if required.
Long story short, when over 10 different options didn’t help with the slow internet lag on iPhone X/iPhone 10, what are you waiting for? Check your warranty, if it’s still in place, but go for an authorized inspection anyway. It’s either that or getting used with the idea that you have a lousy internet connection. The latter is not for your cool iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max, is it?