Just to be clear, when we say that you can get free music for your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, we don’t just mean any kind of music. We mean music that you can personally edit and use to personalize the Apple device even more, setting up custom ringtones for particular contacts. That way, you’ll recognize calls and messages the moment you hear a notification, without even having to unlock the device and look at its display.
All these considered, we are pretty sure that you have a cool song in your mind right now. Let us show you what it takes to set it as a ringtone for one of your contacts.
In order to get free music for the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus…
- You must do some work within the iTunes app, but only after you’ve made sure that you are running the latest software version – initiate an update if you haven’t done so in a while;
- Pick up that favorite song and get ready to edit the file so it will match the ringtone format:
- You can only use 30 seconds out of it;
- And you can only use it as an AAC version;
- Select the song and access the editing menu either with ctrl-click or with right-click;
- From the drop-down list, first select Get Info to set up the start and end stops for the 30-second sequence;
- Next, from the same menu, select Create AAC Version;
- After that, copy the new file and get rid of the initial one;
- Change its extension from .m4a to .m4r;
- Add the edited files to iTunes and run a little sync with the iPhone;
- Back on the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, go to Settings, to access the Sounds options and change the ringtone;
- In there, tap on Ringtone and select your previously edited song to start using it.
As already indicated, these are steps required for customizing a single iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus contact ringtone! If you want more, you’ll have to work more. Repeat these steps to edit many other free songs and use it for other contacts. Because if you don’t, the unedited contacts will remain with the default ringtone.