Some of the Apple iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus users out there might have heard that hiding apps will save them extra storage space. This isn’t necessarily true – we mean sure, it could work, but the storage space you’ll get out of it is not nearly as much as you were probably hoping. Anyway, it can’t hurt knowing how to hide apps on your iPhone.
We will show you how to do just that, with the small mention that this action will not work with all your apps. Some of them can be uninstalled and deleted, others only hidden, but the benefit will be that hidden apps no longer run in the background!
Moving on to how you can actually hide the apps on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPhone 8 / iPhone 8 Plus…
- Unlock the iPhone, before anything else;
- Open up an existing folder, if that’s where the app you’re planning to hide is currently stored;
- Or create a new folder where you can move all the apps that you want to hide;
- For the latter, tap and hold whatever icon you wish to relocate;
- When all icons start shaking and you are able to move it, start dragging the app to the destination folder;
- While you still hold the icon of that app, also press the Home key and that’s it.
Go on and put these simple steps into practice. It might look a bit confusing when you’re not actually looking at these things, but put them into practice anyway. You’ll see how easy it feels to hide apps on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus!