Hiding apps is a fairly popular option for the iPhone X and iPhone 10 devices, though, probably not for the right reasons. Many Apple users seem to have this idea that the gesture of hiding an app will actually result in gaining extra storage space, which isn’t necessarily true. That’s because the amount of space is so little that you cannot possibly expect this to help you solve the stringent problem of internal memory unless you do that with tens or hundreds of apps.
But if you insist on trying this method on your own, who are we to stop you from doing that? Coming up next, we will offer you the information you need, with the mention that, by doing so, you can also stop them from running in the background.
And that’s a benefit that is totally worth the effort! Don’t be disappointed if you won’t be able to hide all apps, different apps have different permission settings. Some of them will be easy to completely uninstall, others only to hide and so on. What matters is that you stick to your goal.
All you have to do in order to hide some apps from the iPhone X or iPhone 10 is to:
- Turn on the device by using your active unlock passcode;
- Navigate through the folders of your iPhone X or iPhone 10 to the location of the app that you wish to hide (note that you can also create a new folder to set it as the location of all the apps that you are preparing to hide);
- When you’ve identified the icon of the app that you want to hide and/or move, tap and hold the selection;
- Wait a few seconds until it all starts to shake;
- Then, you can begin dragging the icon towards the destination folder;
- Once you’ve dragged the icon on top of the folder, press the Home key and release it.
This process will allow you to hide apps on the iPhone X and iPhone 10 in a surprisingly simple and direct manner. But you have to try and see it with your own eyes to believe it, right? Well, now you know how to try it!