Organized people know the value of folders, both in real life and in their virtual interactions with the apps stored on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xr. But even those who don’t care too much about it might eventually need to create folders and group their apps on particular criteria. If not to find them easier, at least to make some extra room on that Home Screen.
If you want to make new folder on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iPhone Xr, you can begin by picking up two apps. You will select one – with the long press that you must be familiarized with – and drag it on top of the second app. When you release it, they will merge into a new folder. You’re free to edit its name and bring over even more apps. This is the first and the simplest option that you can put into practice at any given time.
Now, some Apple users might argue that there’s more than one way to do this and they would be right. So, to make sure that you are having all the options, we have to underline another method to create folders on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iPhone Xr.
Want to try a different method of creating folders on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr?
- Turn your iPhone back on;
- Stop on the main panel of the Home screen;
- Press and hold on a specific app from there – not just any app, one you would like to see in the new folder;
- Then, without releasing the icon, drag it to the top of the screen;
- Let go of its icon on top of the New Folder option;
- Use the keyboard and type a name for that folder, when prompted;
- Continue moving apps into this folder through the drag and drop procedure.
All these being said, you’re free to create as many folders as the Home screen of iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr can take!