The screen rotation feature, available on iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max, is one of the most common, basic options on a wide range of smartphones. Particularly useful when accessing the web or trying to read texts from the phone, knowing how to turn it on can always be of help. Coming up next, we will not only show you how to activate the screen rotation when necessary but also how to troubleshoot some common problems with screen rotation on iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone X.
How to make the iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max screen to rotate:
- Go to the Home Screen;
- Access the quick settings menu by sliding from the bottom up;
- Look at the bottom right corner for that icon with a small circle and a lock in its center;
- Tap on it and try to rotate the iPhone to see if anything changes.
Normally, when this feature is deactivated and you tap on that icon, the screen should be able to rotate the first time you change its position. If you’ve been tapping on the lock icon without success and the display image stays the same no matter how you hold it, you should consider that there may be something wrong with it.
And the first thing you should suspect is the accelerometer, a sensor involved in screen rotation on iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone X. The lack of responsiveness showed by the iPhone is one clue. But just to be sure, try to use the camera app as well. If you happen to see all the images and its buttons inverted in there, you can stop investigating, you’ve found your problem.
How to handle the screen won’t rotate problem on iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max:
- You could try to perform a hard reset on the iPhone and see if anything changes after you configure the device from scratch;
- You can also access the service screen, in case that your carrier hasn’t blocked the option, and run a test in there;
- You can get directly in touch with the carrier and ask them if you really have to restore to factory defaults or if they are having any other solution to suggest you.
If all clues lead to the necessity of performing that reset, you must go to the Backup & Reset option. Only after you are sure that all your data is safe you can read this guide and follow the step by step instructions.
Don’t rush into doing anything stupid and don’t hit the iPhone either. You might have read it online but, seriously, do you think you can fix a software problem with a smack of an electronic device? That’s what we thought too, our guide here is the most reliable option. So, if the iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max isn’t responding to any other gentle solution, don’t do anything harsher than configuring it from scratch! This kind of reset is known to deal with all kinds of problems and the screen won’t rotate is not such a complicated issue.