Usually, when it comes to talking your options of recovering deleted photos on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xr, it all relates to accidents. If you were browsing through the Photo gallery and deleted a picture that you actually wanted to keep, there is a high probability that you will get it back in no time. If, however, you have followed the entire process of deleting a photo, you know it’s going to be a tad more difficult.
If you are confused, allow us to remind you the principles behind deleting photographs taken with the camera of an iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iPhone Xr:
- It is all stored within the Photos app;
- And it all comes down to two main folders that you will find in there: Recently Added and Recently Deleted;
- All photos go to Recently Added;
- No photo will end up in the Recently Deleted folder unless you have manually deleted them;
- And no photo will completely disappear from your iPhone sooner than within the next 30 days after you have deleted it unless you have personally been through the process of deleting it for the second time, from the Recently Deleted folder.
Does it make more sense now? When you hit the Delete button first, by mistake or on purpose, the file isn’t directly removed, but only moved from Recently Added to Recently Deleted. It stays there for 30 days or for less than that if you go to manually remove it from there as well, sooner than those 30 days. By now, you must be able to spot the answer to your question…
To recover deleted photos on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xr…
- Go to the Home Screen and search for the Photos app;
- Select its icon and open up that app;
- Within the Photos app, navigate to the Albums section, accessible from the lower-right corner of the screen;
- In the Albums folder, you will find the two other folders that we’ve been talking about: the Recently Added and the Recently Deleted folders;
- Go to the Recently Deleted folder, where you should find the photos that you have deleted by mistake, if you did it less than 30 days ago;
- The list displayed in there will accompany each photo by a number representing the number of days that passed since that photo was deleted;
- When you have found the image that you wish to recover, go at the upper-right corner and use the Select option;
- Tap the photo – or even all the photos, if there’s more than one, because the selection will stay active until you choose another action;
- When you’re ready to get it back, go to the lower-right corner to hit the Recover button;
- Confirm that you wish to finalize the action when you get the pop-up on the screen;
- And go back to the Recently Added folder, where you should now see all those photos.
Hope we haven’t confused you too much with all these mentions relating to Recently Added and Recently Deleted. You just follow our instructions step by step and you will see how simple it is to recover deleted photos from iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iPhone Xr.