One or two duplicate contacts can show up in the agenda of your iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus all the time. Nevertheless, if you’ve just discovered that you have tens of different duplicate and irrelevant phone numbers and contact details, something is wrong. More often than not, this situation occurs after importing the SIM card contacts on a new device.
At first, you might freak out and imagine that your contacts list will never again look normal. But just wait and read our suggested steps from below. You will find out that you can easily delete the duplicate contacts. What method you want to use and how much time you want to invest… let’s just say we’re going to let you take the call.
We’re just here to show you how to handle such situations when multiple email accounts are connected to the iPhone and information ends up mixed and doubled with each new account that you sync.
The super-fast way to clean up iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr contacts:
- The Apple Mac OS software has a special tool for this purpose and you will learn how to make use of it;
- To identify the similar contacts, merge all their information, and clean up your agenda, begin by making a copy of all your contact entries;
- Then, launch the Contacts app;
- Look at the Card menu and tap on the Card option;
- Next, select the Look for Duplicates option;
- Tap the Merge option whenever prompted;
- Repeat the steps until you will receive no other notification and no Merge pop-up request;
- Now that your list is clean, don’t forget to make another copy of your Contacts, straight into the iCloud.
The alternative way to clean up iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus contact list:
- If you prefer to manually inspect your duplicate contacts, you also have this option of finding and merging the duplicate contacts, deleting all the unnecessary information;
- Unlock your Apple iPhone, turn on the Phone app, and go straight to the Contacts section;
- Now, browse your contacts and, whenever you find contacts that you wish to merge / link, suffices to tap on the first entry >> Edit >> Link Contacts;
- Next, you’ll get the chance to select the other contact that you wish to merge with your initial selection and that’s it;
- Hit the Done button and continue inspecting the agenda;
- Repeat for as many times as necessary, until you really end up with a clean agenda.
Whether you want to personally conduct this evaluation or you prefer to let your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max remove the duplicate contacts, it’s your choice. It should work either way, only that the Apple Mac OS special tool will save you a lot of time!