It is not out of place to forget your password if you use an iPhone. Due to this, there might always be a need to reset your password each time you are unable to have access to your phone. There are lots of ways to reset password on iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Max and all these ways will need you to carry out a hard factory reset.
Doing this can make you lose all your files and data. If you are yet to back up the files on your iPhone, you do not have to worry. There are ways to get your iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 Max reset without losing any files. Read on to discover various ways to reset your screen password when your iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 Max gets locked.
Choose a Way to Clean up Your iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 Max
As an iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 Max owner that is yet to save the files on your phone, you will be unable to get the information on your files saved prior to resetting password. You have to erase your iPhone to get the password on your phone reset.
- You can make use of iTunes if you have synced your iPhone with iTunes
- Feel free to make use of iCloud if your iPhone is synced to iCloud or Find My iPhone.
- If you are unable to sync your phone with iTunes and you do not make use of iCloud, the recovery mode technique will be just ideal for you.
Make use of iCloud in Erasing your iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 Max
- Head to iCloud.com/find using another device
- If your Apple ID is needed, you might need to sign in with it.
- Choose All Devices at the browser’s heading
- Tap in the devices you are looking to erase
- Select Erase. This way, your device, alongside its passcode will be erased.
- At this point, you can choose to set up your device as a new one or bring back from a backup.
You will need to connect your device to a cellular network or Wi-Fi before it can be erased through the use of Find My iPhone.
Make use of iTunes in erasing your iPhone
- Link your iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 Max to your PC
- Open iTunes. This should be followed by filling in your passcode if it is requested. You can either make use of recovery mode or try a different computer you have synced your iPhone with.
- Carry out a backup after iTunes has synced your iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 Max.
- Once you are done syncing your phone with iTunes and backup has been effected, the next thing you should do is select Restore.
- As soon as you spot the setup screen on your phone, click on Restore from iTunes backup.
- While in iTunes, tap on your iPhone. Pick the most relevant backup by looking through the size, as well as the date of each backup.
Make use of Recovery Mode to clean up your iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 Max
Are you looking to make use of Find My iPhone in iCloud or sync your phone with iTunes? if yes, then the way to restore your device is through the use of recovery mode. Doing this will clean up your device, as well as its password.
- Open iTunes after connecting your iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 Max o your PC.
- With your iPhone connected, restart it forcefully. You can get this done by holding the Home button and the Sleep/Wake Button simultaneously for 10 seconds. While at this, you will spot the Apple logo. When you spot the Apple logo, don’t release it yet. You should only release it when the recovery mode screen appears.
- After this, you will have to pick between Update and Restore. When faced with these alternatives, select Update. By doing this, iTunes will make attempts at reinstalling iOS in a way that leaves your data intact. After this is done, you will have to wait patiently for iTunes to download your device’s software.