When you go and ask people how to save an image on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max you might discover an interesting thing. The process in itself is as simple as tapping the Save Image option as soon as you have long pressed and selected an image. But before getting more detailed answers, you might get a few extra questions, such as, where is that image that you’re planning to save?
And that’s when it becomes obvious that you can save an image on iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus even from your text messages! We’re not just talking about the default Messages app from your iPhone, though, that’s the one we will be focusing on. We mean that you can save images sent to you through texting apps even if those apps are KIK, WhatsApp, LINE or other third-party option. Of course, for the latter, there will be some differences from the standard process.
And depending on what kind of information you save, it may worth knowing to first look for it right in the photo gallery. This will work particularly with saving images or even the entire content of a multimedia message (MMS). Then, with the picture officially stored on the iPhone, you can start asking yourself how to share it with other friends through other apps, mostly social media apps like Instagram, Facebook, but also emails and whatever. Long story short…
To save a general image on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max:
- Navigate to the desired image;
- Tap on it;
- Hold your tap until you officially select the image;
- And finally, tap the Save Image option.
To save an image from the text message app of iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max:
- Begin by accessing that text message that contains the photo you wish to save;
- Tap the picture, just so it will extend on the entire screen, in the full view mode;
- After that, you should be able to see a box icon with a line that goes up;
- Tap on that icon and tap on Save Image;
- The photo will then be stored in the photo gallery.
Now that you’ve actually learned how to save a Photo from the message app or from any other part of the iPhone 8 / iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max time to focus on what are you going to do with it!