Every year Apple improves the technology of the iPhone that reduces our need for any other device. This is the case when it comes to scanning documents on iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone Mini. In the olden days, you would need to find yourself either a fax machine, printer or scanner so you can share documents with other people. This is use to a major headache because these took up space and cost money. But now you can use the iPhone 12 to scan documents within seconds and share it with others.
There’s a few different ways to scan documents on iPhone 12 Pro and other iPhone 12 models, we will go over all of them below. This ranges from using the Files app, Notes app or even downloading specific free apps from the Apple App store to help with iPhone 12 scanning documents. Please check these recommendations below and let us know what you think.
How To Scan Documents On iPhone 12/ 12 Pro/ 12 Pro Max
No need for any of those old things like scanners or fax machines, use your iPhone 12 to scan documents within seconds. Check out these different ways to scan documents on iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro.
Scan Documents on iPhone 12 With Files App
- Power on your iPhone
- Tap on the Files app
- Tap on iCloud Drive
- Now from the top of the screen swipe down and tap on More
- Choose New Folder
- Name your folder Scan and choose Done after that
- From your Scan folder, tap on More when you swipe down from the top of the screen
- Tap on Scan Documents
- Place the documents on a flat surface with good lighting and choose how you want to center the documents for scanning
- Tap on the photo icon to take a picture of the document to scan on to iPhone 12
- Select the Save button
- Now that document will be save in the Scan folder
- Rename the file if you would like
- Now you can choose the documents that you have scanned and share them via email or another source that you choose
Scan Multiple Documents In Order
If you have a large set of documents that you want to scan at once and not create separate files for documents, then follow the steps below to scan multiple documents on iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12:
- Order your documents into the order that you would like them to get scanned
- After follow the steps from above for scanning a single document, look for the “Ready Next Scan” button
- Now move the first page and replace it with the second page to scan a new page
- Continue doing this until you have scanned all the documents that you would like
- At the end tap on Save to make all of these separate pages into single document you can share at once
- If there was a page that you didn’t like how it turned out, you can later take on the Retake button and choose which page you want to retake out of the group of pages
Using App Store Scanner Apps
Using the Files Folder for iPhone 12 scanning documents doesn’t give you all the options that you are probably use to. A good solution to this would be to download a free scanner app from the Apple App store that will give you more control on how to scan documents on iPhone 12 Pro and other iPhone 12 models.
We hope with this guide you will know how to scan documents on iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 Mini. If you have any questions your iPhone that we can help you with, please send us a message and we will attempt our best to help.