If you’ve purchase the new iPhone from Apple, it’s a good idea to know how to set a song as a ringtone on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. The entire process to use a song as a ringtone on iPhone 7 is simple and can be done in a few minutes.
In addition, you have the ability to use these ringtones songs on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus for everyone or just for an individual person. The following are instructions on how to set song as a ringtone on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
How to set a song as a ringtone on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
A great thing about the recent iOS update is that you’ll be able to easily to add, change and set a song as a ringtone on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. With this update, you can adjust the ringtones and notifications for contacts, alerts and text message.
Below are the directions on how to set song as ringtone on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Before we begin, make sure you have iTunes updated to the newest version.
- Open iTunes.
- Pick the song you’d like to use. (NOTE: the song will only last 30 seconds)
- Edit the start and stop times that you want for the song. (You can do this by right-clicking or ctrl-clicking on the song and selecting Get Info from the drop-down list)
- Make the song as an AAC version.
- Now go ahead and copy the new file & remove the old song.
- Modify the extension. ( You can do this by selecting on the file’s name, and modifying the extension from “.m4a” to “.m4r.”)
- Go ahead and add file to iTunes.
- Get your iPhone to sync with iTunes.
- Now set the new ringtone. (Open the Settings app > tap on Sounds > select Ringtone. Pick the song you want to use)
Once you’ve followed the instructions from above, you’ll know how to set a song as a ringtone on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. This will allow you to modify ringtones for a specific contact.
A great thing about setting a song as a ringtone on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus is that it allows you to know exactly who’s calling without the need to look at your phone. In addition, it’ll make your smartphone unique from everyone that uses the same standard iPhone ringtone.