If you got yourself one of the popular iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max smartphones, chances are you’ll bump into many other persons who have the same iPhone. And what are the odds that you two have the same ringtones as well? Don’t you hate the startle of hearing someone else’s ringtone and thinking that it’s yours? And how about when you pick up the phone without paying attention to who’s calling and hear your boss’ voice at the other end?
Now, enough with all these unpleasant surprises! Let’s show you how to get new, custom songs for the contacts on iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iPhone X. Pick something suggestive, that you know well, and that will let you know who’s calling from the first sounds!
The steps of setting up a new song on iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max:
- First, you have to run an update of the iTunes;
- Next, you have to pick your song and turn it into an AAC file;
- Then, you must sync the iTunes with the iPhone using an iPhone cable like this;
- And from the iPhone’s settings, you will have to select the newly created ringtone.
- To update the iTunes…
- You must connect the iPhone to a computer;
- Then, open up the iTunes Store app;
- Hit the Sign in button;
- Select the option Use Existing Apple ID;
- Use your Apple ID and password to sign in;
- Tap on the Check for Updates menu;
- If you get a new version notification, follow the prompts to install it;
- If nothing shows up, you can proceed to edit the song.
- To customize the song and turn it into a ringtone…
- When you know for a fact that you are using the latest iTunes version, you can select the song that you want to edit;
- Access the editing options with any of the two available commands – either the CTRL Click or the Right Click of the mouse;
- Use the Get Info submenu;
- Start editing the ringtone and select the start and the stop times for a sequence of 30 seconds.
- To turn the newly created ringtone into an AAC file…
- After you have the 30-second selection, you can return to the menu with all the options;
- This time, select the Create AAC Version entry;
- Delete the old version;
- Edit the new version by changing its extension from .m4a into .m4r.
- To set up a new ringtone on iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max …
- Add the new file version to iTunes;
- Synchronize the iTunes with your iPhone;
- Go to the iPhone and access the Settings;
- Navigate to Sounds >> Ringtone;
- Select your newly created ringtone from that list.
Now, except for the first stage of updating the iTunes to the most recent software version, all the other steps will have to be repeated for creating new ringtones. If you don’t do that, you will end up with only one customized ringtone on iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max. All the other contacts will keep the initial, default, annoying ringtone!