It’s not uncommon for the agenda of your iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iPhone Xr to list hundreds of different contacts. From family members to coworkers, every single one of them has a special place in there. But do they also have a special ringtone?
If they don’t, how would you like to be able to guess who’s calling you, almost instantly, without even looking at the phone? That’s the power that well picked songs can have on you. And if you don’t know what we mean, you’ve clearly never considered the option of setting different songs. Looks like you’ve settled with the default ringtone on your iPhone, but all that is about to change in the following minutes. Read this tutorial and you’ll love our findings on how to set a ringtone on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xr!
Here are the essentials of how to set up a new song as iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr ringtone:
- The Apple iOS technology empowers users to add new songs or to set different songs as ringtones for different contacts;
- Following the same principles, one can personalize not just the incoming call ringtones, but also the incoming text message notifications;
- It all starts from the iTunes, which is essential that it runs on the latest software version available;
- Then, you must pick the song that you want to hear, a song from which you can only take as much as 30 seconds and use for your custom ringtone;
- Edit the selected song with Right-Click or Ctrl-Click and set the start and stop times – you can do it by selecting the Get Info option after you press Right-Click;
- Then use the same command but, this time, select Create AAC version;
- Once the new version is created, you will have to copy it and to delete the initial version;
- Don’t forget to change the current .m4a extension into .m4r;
- Add your newly created file to iTunes;
- Do a sync with the iPhone;
- Go to Settings and tap on Ringtone under the Sounds menu;
- Select your recently created song and that’s it.
Congratulations, you’ve just changed the ringtone of an individual contact on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xr. You’ll have to repeat these steps for as many times as necessary, up until you finish customizing the ringtones of all the contacts in iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iPhone Xr agenda. Of course, you can only do so for a few of them, no need to manually add a custom tune for literally every single person. The choice is all yours!