You use your Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max to do tons of different things on a regular basis. And when it starts ringing, it’s one thing you feel if your spouse is calling and a completely different thing that you feel when your boss is calling. Wouldn’t you like to get a heads up and know what to expect before you take it out of the pocket? If you do, you can achieve it with the simple act of setting up a custom ringtone for every special person in your agenda.
If you are quite ambitious, you might spend a while and change the ringtones of every single person. Then, you can move on to changing the notification sounds of the text messages that you get. Of course, all that is your problem. We just need to show you how to set these custom ringtones on iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone 8 and then, it’s entirely up to you. Speaking of which…
If you want to set custom ringtones on iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone 8 / iPhone 8 Plus:
- You will have to work, as usual, with the iTunes;
- Before you proceed, check what version of software you have and, if possible, run an update – it is essential that you make use of the newest version;
- Moving on, decide what song you want to edit – you won’t be able to use it entirely, but only a 30 seconds sequence;
- To select that sequence, use Ctrl-Click / or Right-Click, tap on Get Info, and create the start time and the stop time of your song;
- To generate the AAC version, use the Ctrl-Click or the Right-Click command once again and use the Create AAC Version option;
- Copy the file that will be generated and delete the original version;
- Take a few seconds to edit its name, the extension in particular – make it .m4r instead of .m4a;
- Add your AAC song to iTunes and run an iPhone sync;
- Set the new ringtone from Ringtone << Sounds << Settings.
We’ve made no secret out of it, what we just showed you will only target a single contact in your agenda. But the good news is that steps for all the other contacts whose ringtones you want to personalize are identical. With a little bit of patience, you’ll transform every single call that you get into a fun experience. Now go on and decide what other contacts you want to edit on iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone 8.