If you are a fan of the Hotmail and you want to have access to it from anywhere, the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max included, you must already know that this service from Microsoft is now called Outlook. Consequently, our Outlook mentions from the instructions listed below should be regarded as perfectly normal.
This short intro left aside, we want you to consider the fact that whether you set up the Hotmail on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus or another mail client, the steps are quite similar. So, MSN, Live and other accounts can also be configured for direct access on your Apple device. But for now, let’s introduce you precisely to what you have asked for.
In order to set up the Hotmail on iPhone 8, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max…
- Go to Settings, and, instead of the General tab as you were probably anticipating, go to Mail, Contacts, and Calendars;
- Within that section, tap on Add Account;
- You’ll see the Outlook.com listed in there (we told you, it’s no longer called Hotmail) and you must select it;
- After that, you will have to use your address and password to configure the active account on the iPhone;
- And launch the Mail app to access your Hotmail information.
If you retake the steps from above and, after the Add Account part, you select another option than the Outlook.com, you will be able to set up a new, different email account on the iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max. Try it and let us know how it goes or if you have any other curiosities that we can help you with!