iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X and iPhone 10, like many other smart devices out there, are smart enough to run all kinds of apps and processes, in the background, without you even knowing it. And while they are doing it with the purpose of offering you a better experience, they can often end up causing side-effects. From battery draining issues to slow internet, these side-effects will do the opposite, which is why you might want to reconsider the general permissions.
If you prefer to update the apps manually, you have no reason to let them run in the background. So, why don’t you take a few minutes to clear things out?
Start from the background applications
This initial step will involve identifying the apps that are currently running in the background without your permission or without you even need them to run. Truth to be told, closing or disabling those apps from the background of your iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X or iPhone 10 is the easy part. The trick is to know how to find those apps!
- Turn on the display of the iPhone;
- Navigate to the Home Screen;
- Double tap on the Home button;
- And you should access the list of apps running in the background.
To disable one or more of the apps listed in there, you simply have to swipe up on each of the entries you wish to disable.
Continue with the background data
This second step is just as important for improving the performances of your iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X or iPhone 10. To handle this particular aspect, you will have to:
- Go to the Settings app and turn it on;
- Navigate to the Cellular section from the main window;
- Once you select it, you will be redirected to the list with all the apps whose data you might want to block;
- Each of those entries has its own toggle – make the necessary switches, to On or Off, as you consider.
Only after you have closed or disabled both the apps and their background data you can call the process completed. Coming up next, the iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X or iPhone 10 should work smoother and even faster, especially if you had a lot of apps that were previously taking from its resources!