As intuitive as an iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max would be, what you see is not everything that is going on with it. More often than not, you’d be surprised to discover how many apps and services are running in its background, right as we speak. Of course, you wouldn’t normally care about it but, at some point, you might notice how the device starts to run slower. If this will overlap with a fast battery draining issue, think about those apps from background on iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max!
As long as they need the internet and you have a connection in place, lifestyle and social apps, even the email and other apps that need software update will run in the background, automatically. Now, there are two different types of data that you need to block. And we are going to show you how to do it in two main steps:
Step 1 – Close / disable all the background data of iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max services:
- First, turn on the iPhone;
- Launch the Settings menu;
- Go to Cellular;
- Look at all the apps listed in there whose background data you want to block;
- Swipe the toggle next to those entries to turn it from On to Off.
Step 2 – Close / disable all the background applications of iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max:
- Unlock the screen once again;
- This time, try a double press right on the Home button;
- From the list of apps that will extend, swipe up only on those that you really want to close.
Follow the two steps – or the two stages, to be more specific – and you should ease some of the pressure previously put on your iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max. With the unnecessary apps and services blocked from running in the background of iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max, you might find that the iPhone is moving better and faster!