Can you name one click sound of the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus that is more annoying than the Home button click sound? According to many Apple users, that title will successfully go to the keyboard click sounds! Sure, if you’ve been using your Apple device for some time, you already know that these are just two contexts when you get to hear sounds. But since the one that relates to the keyboard seems to cause most frustration – people text a lot and it can be hard to accept this constant clicking – let us focus on it.
The keyboard click sounds of an iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus were conceived much like a notification sound. According to the manufacturer, the whole purpose of it is to help you type faster on the virtual keyboard. If necessary, it can also warn you that the iPhone is unlocked and that some keys are being typed – useful, as you can imagine, whenever you accidentally unlock the phone in your pocket or in a bag.
Despite being a default setting, the click sound is still something manageable. And you can choose to silence the keyboard permanently or just temporarily. Depending on the context, you might have to be aware of both options. Speaking of which, you have:
Option #1 – If you want to turn off the keyboard sound on iPhone 8 / 8 Plus PERMANENTLY:
- Regardless of the iOS version, you can permanently disable the keyboard click sounds by going to Settings;
- In there, tap on the Sounds menu and scroll towards the bottom of the list with options;
- Locate the Keyboard Clicks entry and its dedicated toggle;
- Switch the Keyboard Clicks toggle to Off and leave the settings.
Option #2 – If you want to turn off the keyboard sound on iPhone 8 / 8 Plus TEMPORARILY:
- Use the Volume Up/Down control button located on the left side of the device;
- Hold the Volume Down until the iPhone switches from the loud ring mode to mute;
- As long as you keep the Mute mode active, you should no longer hear the keyboard click sounds.
As you can imagine, both options are reversible. With the first one. you can always return to the Sounds settings and switch the Keyboard Clicks toggle to On. As for the latter, you certainly know how to set the iPhone back on the loud ring mode. Other than that, as long as you rely on any of these instructions above listed, nobody will be able to tell that you’re typing on the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, unless they look directly at you.
Now, enjoy the silence but don’t forget the iPhone on mute for too long, otherwise, you might miss important calls and notifications!