With so little buttons on the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, it is understandable that roles are well-determined and somewhat crucial. If you’re unfortunate enough to have problems with the Sleep/Wake button, you’re right to be concerned. You’re probably already asking yourself if it’s really broken and how can you turn off the device from now on.
The answer may or may not be familiar to you, but it’s the Assistive Touch function that should help you under such circumstances. Make sure that the button is actually the cause of the problems and, if it is, follow the instructions presented below to turn off your iPhone completely.
So, is the Lock button officially broken? To turn off the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus:
- Start at the Home screen;
- Hit the Settings icon to start the app;
- Tap on General;
- Select Accessibility;
- Go to Assistive Touch and turn it on;
- Once the circle button appears on the display, tap on it;
- Next, tap on Device;
- Now, press and hold the iPhone Lock screen;
- When prompted, slide the Power Off dialog.
Within the next seconds, you’ll be looking at the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus as it shuts down despite the Lock button being broken!