When talking about sounds on Apple iPhone X or iPhone 10, many would expect the discussion to revolve around the default ringtones. But it takes using an iPhone to realize that there is more than one place from where the sound is coming. And more often than not, wanting to make it stop has nothing to do with the sound itself, but rather with its repetitive nature.
Otherwise said, the sounds that seem to bother Apple users the most are the sounds that accompany common actions. When you do one thing tens or hundreds of times a day, at some point, you might feel the need to do it quietly. And since you probably don’t want to mute the iPhone, you’re looking for alternatives. Looks like you’ve come to the right place.
In today’s article, we will show you how to turn off the sounds of your Apple iPhone X or iPhone 10 when it comes to:
- The touch tone;
- The screen lock and screen unlock tone;
- The keyboard clicking sounds.
They are all terribly annoying, aren’t they? So, without further ado, let’s move on to facts.
To disable the iPhone X or iPhone 10 touch tone:
If every touch you make on the device is exasperating you with that touch tone, all you need is to find the Settings app and open it. In there…
- Go to the Sounds section;
- Locate the Keyboard Clicks option listed in there;
- Press on it once and the toggle will go from On to Off straight away.
To disable the iPhone X or iPhone 10 screen lock/unlock sounds:
Both the screen lock and the screen unlock default sounds are a part of the same category and represented by the Lock Sounds feature. You’ll find this one at the same Sounds menu, but here’s a to-the-point sequence of steps that you must follow:
- Return to the Settings icon and launch the app;
- Navigate to the Sounds settings;
- Look for the Lock Sounds entry – you should find it listed near the Keyboard Clicks and other similar features;
- Tap on the Lock Sounds entry and its toggle will switch back to Off.
To disable the iPhone X or iPhone 10 keyboard sounds:
Despite relating to the keyboard, this is still a matter of sound settings. For this reason, you are going to find the right option that needs to be disabled within the Sounds menu. Here’s the path you need to follow…
- Go to the Home Screen;
- Launch the Settings app;
- Tap on Sounds;
- Look for the entry called Keyboard Clicks;
- Suffices to tap on it once and the On status will switch to Off right away.
If there’s anything else you can think of, any other sounds that you want to disable on the iPhone X or iPhone 10, give us a little nudge and we’ll come up with a new, useful tutorial in no time. Until then, don’t forget to share this one in case you’ve found it useful (and we know you did!).