If you’ve made it to this article, we don’t need to ask you how do you feel about all those sounds coming out of your iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max. It can be frustrating enough to deal with it, and we already know, so, we won’t insist on what’s obvious. What we want to share with you today is how to put to silence all the sounds of your iPhone. And if you want, you can also do it gradually, tweaking one feature at a time, until you decide what exactly you want to keep active and what you want to deactivate.
In a nutshell, you can fix the problem with your lock screen sound effects, with your keyboard sounds and anything else, by going to the Touch Sounds option listed within the general settings of your Apple device. If you disable that option, you should be fine. But, as suggested, you can also take it gradually. So, below, you will find the simple steps required for each of the three main categories of sounds. Take a look at it to learn how to turn off sounds on iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max!
Bothered by the touch tone of iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max? To disable it:
- Unlock the iPhone;
- Open up the Settings app;
- Extend the Sounds menu;
- Find the Keyboard Clicks feature;
- Change the toggle next to it from On to Off.
Bothered by the screen lock / unlock sound of iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max? To turn it off:
- Again, unlock the phone and stop by the Settings app;
- Launch the Sounds menu;
- Identify the Lock Sounds listed in there, together with the Keyboard Clicks and all the other features;
- Select Lock Sounds to change the toggle next to it to Off.
Bothered by the keyboard clicks of iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max?
- As expected, it’s all in the same place: Settings >> Sounds;
- This time, identify the entry labeled Keyboard Clicks;
- With one tap on its toggle, you’ll deactivate this feature.
So far, we showed you how to control the touch tone, the screen (un)lock, and the keyboard click sounds. All iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max devices come with these options active by default. And truth to be told, at first, when it’s all new and shiny and you’re anxious to explore all of its options, it feels good. You almost like those sounds, until you don’t.
Since no one should tell you what you can hear and what you can’t hear on iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max, you should be able to turn off whatever sound you want, whenever you want. Now you know how to do just that but, if any other question comes to your mind, feel free to speak out!