If you thought that the Preview Messages on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iPhone Xr is only meant to give you a clue on who and what wrote to you, think again. With your iPhone locked, the moment you have an incoming message and the preview pops-up on the Lock Screen, you can skip the part where you would normally have to unlock the device.
With one tap on that preview, you jump right into the messages app, with the incoming text message thread opened, ready to read the full message and reply. Do you think that these benefits can outrank the main disadvantage of people from around you being able to spot your message preview? If you do, you will want to keep this feature active. Otherwise, you’ll probably want to get rid of it as fast as possible. Either way, you have to know how to turn on and off preview messages on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xr:
To enable/disable the message and alert preview on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr…
- You have to turn on the screen of the device;
- Navigate to the Home screen and, from there, open the Settings app;
- Head to the Notification Center section;
- Look for and open up the Messages tab;
- Identify the Show Previews entry;
- Tap the toggle next to it and change the status as needed.
These steps are everything it takes to handle the status of the message and alert preview on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xr.