It’s not like you intended to broke the iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus lock button. But it happened and you have to face the situation. You probably have lots of questions right now, like – are you still going to be able to turn off your iPhone?
And the answer to the most feared question is: yes, you can! Not with the actual button, but with a special feature called Assistive Touch. That’s right, your iPhone has that one too and we are going to show you how to activate it.
How to turn off your iPhone 8, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr when the Lock button is broken:
- You are probably on the Home screen of the iPhone, so, access the Settings app;
- Go to the General section and stop by the Accessibility tab;
- Under that menu, identify the Assistive Touch and select it;
- You’ll see an option that allows you to turn on the Assistive Touch and you’re going to use it right away;
- By now, a circle button should be on your screen – select that one;
- Next, select Device;
- Long press on the iPhone Lock Screen;
- And last but not least, slide that Power Off dialog.
You’ll have to try it, this method works wonders when the lock button is broken. Don’t fear that you will no longer be able to handle the iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus just because of the faulty button!