What AirDrop does is more than clear for any Apple user. If you have an iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iPhone Xr look no further than to this practical transfer method. It works like charm between Apple devices, so, whether it’s an iPad or even a Mac that you’re trying to connect to, just do it. Navigate to the Share Sheets menu and activate the AirDrop in there. Next, you will have to follow the steps from below.
To send a file from iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus to a Mac:
- Unlock the iPhone;
- Activate the AirDrop feature;
- Navigate to the file that you want to share with the Mac;
- Select the file or the files;
- Hit the Share button;
- Wait a bit until the AirDrop will detect the Mac;
- Select the icon of the Mac (AirDrop might detect more than one Apple device in the nearby);
- And wait for your files to be automatically transferred from the iPhone to the computer.
To receive a file on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus via AirDrop:
- Activate the AirDrop feature on your iPhone;
- Wait for it to detect the nearby Apple devices;
- Hit the Accept button when prompted;
- Wait for the file to be automatically saved in your iPhone’s Downloads folder.
Now that you’ve learned all these simple steps, you might consider the benefits of sharing photos and videos, Map location details and many other files. From iPhone to iPad and Mac or the other way around, it’s easy to Airdrop between a Mac and an iPhone.
Now, just in case that, for whatever reasons, you can’t seem to get the latest software from Apple… You still have the Dropbox alternative. Upload your files in there and take care of the transfer through it. In the meantime, to make the airdrop between iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus and other Apple devices work, try to reset all the devices. Reset the Bluetooth connection as well and maybe, after you turn it back on, the transfer will be successfully finished.