Slow internet speed in general or just particular pages and websites that don’t load as fast as they should? There are different things that can have such an impact on your iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iPhone Xr. From Instagram and Snapchat to Facebook and Twitter or even YouTube and WhatsApp, it can be a simple, isolated issue or a more general problem that makes pages and images to load gradually. In some instances, images may not load at all or the pages can get stuck when you expect less.
We know it all because we’ve been getting various complaints from our readers who use the Apple iPhone and iPhone 8 Plus. It doesn’t have to be a general problem, but if it is your problem, here are our suggestions!
If you want to know the common reasons for the slow internet speed on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPhone 8 (Plus)…
- Check the signal strength of your Wi-Fi network;
- Try to access other websites as well, for comparison, or try to return to this website at a later time, when maybe it won’t be under heavy traffic;
- Consider if there are any chances that the network is congested because of too many users connected to it;
- Check your iPhone to make sure that there aren’t apps running in the background that also use the internet;
- Make sure that your Apple device has enough memory;
- Take a look at the cache of the Internet app – it could be full or even corrupted, requiring a clear cache and data intervention;
- Try to scan for a new browser software version, maybe an update will do the trick;
- Check your data speed limits to make sure that your mobile data plan isn’t limiting the access;
- Try to scan for a new iOS version, to make sure that you’re not dealing with an outdated firmware.
Now that you’ve looked into the most common probable causes of the slow internet connection, you must know how to test each of them. Assuming you’ve been through all that without any visible change, we suggest that you try to test the internet speed with the Wi-Fi Assist turned off. To do so:
- Go to Settings and select Cellular;
- Find the Wi-Fi Assist option and select it;
- Switch its dedicated toggle from On to Off.
When the Wi-Fi Assist is turned off, you can be sure that your Apple iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus will no longer try to connect to another wireless network whose signal may be very low. If nothing changes, we still have an ace up the sleeve for you!
Clear the cache on your Apple iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus to fix the slow internet
You know that we have mentioned the cache memory in this tutorial, but that was only for the Internet browsing app. This time, you might have to clear the cache of the iOS through a special feature known as Wipe Cache Partition. You will have to boot into Recovery Mode to access this command and since the process is somewhat special, we have prepared you a whole separate guide on this topic. Read more on how to wipe the cache on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus and put it into practice right away. Do not worry, it won’t delete any of your files and data!
Ask an Apple technician to fix the slow internet problem on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr or iPhone 8
Taking the device back to the shop or the store from where you’ve bought it, chances are you’ll get a fast solution even for the most complicated issues. Even if proven defective, with or without warranty, you can get a replacement or a repair suggestion. This is, obviously, your last chance to solve the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max slow internet speed.