When you say that the Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max is not receiving text messages, how would you describe the situation more accurately? Is this an issue exclusively related to your incoming text messages? Does it happen with all the incoming messages or just with some of them? And, just as importantly, are you sure that you have never noticed similar problems with the text messages that you are trying to send?
All these questions might seem a bit awkward but, believe us, we have a very solid point. From where we stand, and even before getting to hear your answers, we are tempted to believe that the iPhone 8, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max not receiving text messages can be easily extended to not sending text messages. We are also thinking that, more often than not, it’s impossible for you to receive texts from Android smartphones and to send texts to non-Apple phones.
Long story short, we are thinking about the iMessage service. If you have used it on an older iPhone and the SIM you’re currently using had the iMessage service active – well, we have to ask: is it still active? If it is – and, judging by the situation described above, it is – you will first have to deactivate it in order to use the text messages properly.
Method #1 – to fix the Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max not receiving text messages…
- You will have to start from the Settings app;
- Launch the Settings and go to the Messages section;
- Select the Send & Receive entry;
- Tap the option that suggests to Use your Apple ID for iMessage;
- Use your Apple ID to access the iMessage service settings;
- Look at the field You Can Be Reached By iMessage and make sure that your Apple ID and phone number are listed in there;
- If you have other iOS devices as well, repeat the steps and go to Settings, Send & Receive from under the Messages section.
Method #2 – to fix the Apple iPhone not receiving text messages…
- If you don’t have the original iPhone to handle the iMessage settings directly on it, access the Deregister iMessage page online;
- Use the option “No longer have your iPhone?” listed at the end of the page;
- Fill out the required fields, with your region, phone number, and anything else requested;
- Tap on Send Code;
- After you receive the code on your phone, type it in the Enter Confirmation Code field;
- Use the Submit button and you’re done.
After using any of the two methods presented in this article, the iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus not receiving text messages should be solved. As you can see, you don’t have to have that old iPhone, you can also take care of it online!