You just bought the newest iPhone from Apple and you are already experiencing sound problems with your calls? These audio issues on the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are not uncommon, but they can be quite disturbing. After all, you are having a hard time when trying to make a call or you can barely hear the people calling you, not to mention that you could actually deal with both of them.
While we cannot possibly know it all and we don’t have your iPhone so we can investigate it in detail, we still have some options to offer you. Try them and, if they all prove to fail, do not hesitate to contact the retailer for a thorough investigation or even a replacement.
Here are our top suggestions to fix the call no sound problem on iPhone 8:
- Power off the device;
- Remove its SIM card;
- After a couple of seconds, put it back;
- Turn back on the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus;
- If the no sound problems persist, use compressed air and try to clean up the microphone;
- Now that you have removed any trace of debris, dirt or dust, run some tests to check if anything notable has changed;
- If not, it is also worth to turn off the Bluetooth and repeat the tests – more often than not, it was proved to work;
- The next thing for you to try is to wipe the cache of the smartphone – go through our guide here on how to wipe the cache on iPhone 8 / 8 Plus;
- Finally yet importantly, boot into Recovery Mode and check your options from there – here are the steps on how to enter Recovery Mode on iPhone 8 / 8 Plus.
Other than that, there’s not much left for you and your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus no sound call problem. Check with a technician!