An iPhone with a no sound problem, regardless whether it is an iPhone 8 Plus, an iPhone 8, or an older model, is not a great thing to have. Of course, if you’re going through this kind of experience and you cannot really make or receive proper calls due to audio issues, you don’t have to rush to the retailer. At least not yet, because we have a short guide that you can follow and possibly fix the no sound problem on your own. Many of our readers have successfully used the suggestions from below. One of them might work for you too… If it doesn’t, you know you need to contact the retailer, eventually. Until then, you can try to:
- Check the position of the SIM card, maybe take it out and put it back in after a few minutes;
- Check the microphone slot to see if there isn’t any debris or dust caught up in there – you can clean that one with some compressed air;
- Turn off the Bluetooth and check to see if there are any kind of improvements regarding the audio quality of your iPhone incoming or outgoing calls;
- Learn how to wipe the iPhone 8 Plus / iPhone 8 cache partition and perform this action every now and then;
- Learn how to enter your iPhone 8 Plus / iPhone 8 into Recovery Mode and, if necessary, reset the smartphone to its factory defaults from there.
Last but not least, you can always ask a professional checkup from the store where you bought the iPhone 8 or the iPhone 8 Plus device. In any case, you shouldn’t stay like that and ignore the no sound problem because it will certainly not solve on its own. And what’s the point in having a smartphone like this one if you can’t make proper calls with it?