Just because it is a service from Microsoft doesn’t mean you cannot use it on the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. On the contrary, precisely because Hotmail is one of the most popular emails, Apple users have the option to access it directly from their iPhones. It probably goes without saying that you must first set up your email to start receiving messages through the Hotmail service, currently known as Outlook. If you haven’t done that yet, we can only assume that you don’t really know where to start from, so, let us give you some hints.
Setting up the Hotmail for iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus use is easy:
- Start by accessing the device;
- Once you have unlocked its screen, open the section with its settings, the app with the same name – Settings;
- In there, browse through the available entries until you find the one labeled as Mail, Contacts, Calendar;
- Right after you have selected that option, you should be able to see the Add Account button;
- Tap Add Account and, from the list of options, select Outlook.com;
- Use the email address and the password of the Hotmail account that you want to start accessing from the iPhone;
- Next, select what kind of Hotmail data you want to have on the device;
- And finally, leave these settings and launch the Mail app.
If you’re a bit confused on what does the entire above have to do with setting up Hotmail on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus… well, the name of Hotmail was changed to Outlook. And that’s exactly what you should do even if you were about to configure your MSN or Live account on this iPhone. Try it!