To most smartphones, the text message settings are just that – simple, straightforward options of configuring a regular SMS paid service. But not with the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus text message settings, no! Those ones are a complex bundle of special features that relate not only to standard SMS, but mostly to iMessage, Group Messaging, Send Read Receipts, contact block options, and many others.
If we have aroused your curiosity, we have a feeling that telling you how to get to it won’t be enough. Speaking of which, in case you want to take a peek right now, you must launch the Messages app and head to the text message settings section. More on what options will open up in front of your eyes will be presented below. Don’t skip what’s next, you’re far from having all the necessary information without our guide for today!
Standard iPhone 8 / iPhone 8 Plus text message settings:
- iMessage – Apple set up its own free messaging service and called it iMessage. Through it, you can send messages from any Apple device to any other Apple device, either via Cellular Data or Wi-Fi. Many iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus users are ready to ditch the SMS because of it!
- Send & Receive – if you’re using the iMessage, you’ll want to use this one too. It will let you use more than one address where you can get the iMessage on, as in more e-mail addresses! Go to Send & Receive, select the option “Add Another Email” and just type the new address.
- Send as SMS – desperate times (like when the iMessage isn’t working or you’re having cellular/Wi-Fi issues) ask for desperate measures. Try to send a regular SMS message at least for once and you’ll see it’s not that bad. Just bear in mind that, depending on your cellular plan, this action might come with some fees.
- Send Read Receipts – be careful about this one because, once you activate it, people will get to know if and when you’ve read their messages! Texts will get a time stamp when you open them and you will no longer be able to use the “Oh, I didn’t see your message” excuse.
Extra iPhone 8 / iPhone 8 Plus text message settings:
- Blocked – type in the number of a particular contact and add it to the list of blocked contacts. Say goodbye to their texts, messages, regular calls or FaceTime calls, they are literally blocked!
- Character Count – keep an eye on how many characters you’ve typed within a message. Once you turn this feature on, you’ll see the accurate stats right next to the field for text entry. Go to the New Message screen and check it out!
- Group Messaging – communicate with more people at once and keep the history conversation in one place, accessible to all the members. Works great with either SMS/MMS users, iMessage users, or mixed groups!
- MMS Messaging – want to send more than plain texts through your messages? Try voice memos, videos, and pictures, all as an MMS service. Of course, it only works if your provider is making it available, so, check under the General settings tab, at Cellular, Cellular Data Network.
- Show Subject Field – if selecting the contact and typing the message isn’t enough for you, take it to the next level with a new Subject Field. It’s pretty much the same as your email Subject Field and works on both text messages and iMessage.
If we missed anything or if you simply feel the need for more information regarding the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus text message settings, you know how to get in touch with us. Just ask!