Similar to previous versions of the iPhone, the new iPhone X has the ability to run dozens of apps in the background without you even knowing. Even though this new iPhone from Apple is extremely powerful, some users still want to know how to turn off background apps on iPhone X.
The reason that it’s a good idea to turn off iPhone X background apps is because it kills lots of battery even when the apps aren’t being used. Also, some of these apps are continuously connecting to the Internet and can even use your data without you even knowing it. Other factors include that it can slow down your device because all of the background activity going on.
For those that prefer to only have apps running that they actually need, we’ll being explain how you can turn off background apps on iPhone X below.
How to turn off background apps on iPhone X:
The first thing that you should do is find out which apps are operating in the background. The way that you can find this info out is by following these steps:
- Power on the iPhone X
- Go to the Home screen
- Now from the bottom of the screen swipe up and hold it
- You’ll now see all the apps that are operating on your iPhone X
- Tap on the red close button on the app that you want to close (An alternative would be to just swipe on the app to close it as well)
Stop background data from operating on iPhone X:
The next thing that you should do is see which apps are connecting to the Internet and using data without your knowledge. Not only does this use your data it also drains your battery:
- Tap on Settings
- Select on Cellular
- Scroll down and you’ll see all of the apps that are running in the background
- You can switch the toggle for certain apps that you don’t want to operate in the background
- Later if you decide, you can always come back and switch the toggle back on for that app.
Once you’ve followed the instructions from above, you’ll know how to turn off background apps on iPhone X. This will allow you to save both data and battery life on your iPhone X.