Just like the iPhone X/iPhone 10 general problems, the camera problems can belong to one of the two categories: occasional glitches, bugs, freezing or sudden reboot episodes respectively sudden errors that block the app completely and make it useless. Today, we would like to talk to you about the latter, especially since we had quite a few complaints on this topic lately.
Turns out that the iPhone X/iPhone 10 camera app not working problem is announced by an error. When you see that error that makes the camera completely unresponsive, you can try to:
- Restart the iPhone and see if you’re still getting the message when you turn the app back on;
- Turn off the iPhone by tapping and holding the Power and the Home keys for 7 seconds or longer – when it shuts off, let it stay like that for a few minutes and only then turn it back.
- Try to clear the cache partition if the restart didn’t work.
Also, for the iPhone X/iPhone 10 camera not working, try to clear the cache data:
- Go to Settings;
- Select the General menu;
- Select the Storage & iCloud Usage option;
- Next, go to Manage Storage;
- Tap on Documents & Data;
- Tap on the items you want to clear;
- Swipe left and tap on Delete for individual items or just try the Edit + Delete All option for an automatic, general clear cache data.
Now that you’ve been through anything from the app restart to wiping the cache data without success, you can only assume that there may be something wrong with the camera module itself. Try to get it to an authorized service and have an Apple technician inspect it. Maybe you’ll benefit from a replacement of the module and get an iPhone X/iPhone 10 with a perfectly functional camera app after all!