The people who get locked out of iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xr and who are looking to bypass the Lock Screen are either anxious to do it at any costs or worried that they will have to hard factory reset their iPhones. Now, it goes without saying that when you can’t remember your passcode and, therefore, can’t access your phone anymore, unlocking it at any costs is not that hard. You can give up at saving any data you had on it and bring it to the default factory settings – that, of course, if getting your access back is all you’re interested in and you have nothing important on the phone.
Nevertheless, if you prefer to save as much from your data as you can when locked out of iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iPhone Xr, you will be interested in one of the following three options:
- To use the iCloud and the Find My iPhone service;
- To use the iTunes app;
- To boot into Recovery Mode.
If you have connected the iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iPhone Xr to iCloud service at least once, in the past, all you need to use it now is to have internet on the locked device. In case you don’t have the Wi-Fi connectivity active and no mobile data on your plan, you won’t be able to use this one. But you should be able to use the iTunes app! If you’ve synced the iPhone with the iTunes in the past, this method might suit you well. And even if you didn’t, you can still use the iTunes to boot into Recovery Mode.
From there, you’ll have an option that will allow you to rewrite the iOS version and, therefore, bypass the unlock code. The beauty of it is that you will enjoy this update without having to erase your personal data stored on it when the iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iPhone Xr locked out.
To use the iCloud and bypass the Lock Screen on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr:
- You must access the com/find web page, which you can do from any device with an internet connection and a web browser;
- Once in there, you might have to log in with your Apple ID;
- Then, navigate to the section All Devices and select your device from the list available in there;
- Next, use Erase [iPhone] and you will get two options:
- Set Up As New
- Restore From A Backup
- Select the one you prefer to use and wait and see how things will evolve.
To use the iTunes and bypass the Lock Screen on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr:
- You must connect the iPhone to a computer and launch the iTunes app in there;
- Wait until the iTunes syncs with the iPhone and creates a backup of your data;
- Only then you can use the Restore [iPhone] option, which will take you to the Set Up Screen;
- Next, use the Restore from iTunes backup option and select your backup, waiting for it to restore the device.
To use the Recovery Mode and bypass the Lock Screen oniPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr:
- Again, you must connect the phone to a computer and turn on the iTunes;
- Then, you will force restart your phone – simply tap and hold the Sleep/Wake and the Home keys until you see the Recovery Screen mode loading (after more than 10 seconds!);
- Finally, you’ll get to choose between the Restore and the Update options;
- This time, since you have no backup and you don’t want to lose your data, choose Update and the iTunes will update only the iOS.
The final option that we just presented you should help you bypass the Lock Screen. If not, remember we promised you a guide on how to factory reset the iPhone. It is the last thing you can try and yes, it will wipe out all your data, but what can you do? There are only 4 main directions that you can take to overcome this kind of problem and you’ve just seen them all. If fixing it with minimum data loss is not possible, you should at least settle for fixing iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr locked out, at all costs…