When the iPhone X/iPhone 10 is set not to display your text messages on the Lock Screen, you would at least expect to hear the sound notification when you receive a text. That way, even if you’re not holding the iPhone in your hands right then or if you’re not actively working on it, you still get notified about it in time. But there will be instances when you might notice that the notification sounds no longer work, the SMS alert in particular.
As hard as you would find it to believe, it can be just a matter of settings…
If you want to check the sound options on the iPhone X/iPhone 10 …
- Go to the Home Screen;
- Access the Settings app;
- Navigate to Sounds;
- Select the Text Tone option;
- Check the options available in there;
- Activate or deactivate them as you see fit.
If you would like to display your iPhone X/iPhone 10 text alerts on the Lock Screen…
- Repeat the above steps to access the Settings app;
- Navigate to the Notification Center;
- Access the Messages section;
- Find the Show On Lock Screen option;
- Change its status from Off to On.
If you would like to change the sound effect of the iPhone X/iPhone 10 Lock Screen texts…
- Return to the Settings app;
- Select the Messages field from the Notification Center;
- Select the Sounds settings;
- From the list of options, pick a new sound notification to associate with the Lock Screen texts/SMS.
Just to recap, you should now know where to find the settings that control your text message audio notifications. Once you do that, you can move on to activating the text alerts on the Lock Screen and even chance the type of sound that you want to hear with the latter. iPhone X/iPhone 10 have plenty of such small features that you can tweak and make a big difference!