With so many Wi-Fi networks being easily accessible almost anywhere, only a few iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr users bother to consider this option. But the truth is that creating a Hotspot, from your iPhone, to be able to share a secured internet connection via Wi-Fi, with a privileged and limited (by you) number of users, is an awesome feature.
Sometimes, you might want to do so for security reasons – you do have a wireless network that you can use but you’re not sure how safe it is and you don’t want to risk compromising some sensitive information. Other times you might be in an area with a private wireless connection. You’ve previously had the credentials that were stored on your iPhone but you don’t remember them and you would like to use the internet on other devices as well.
These are only two examples of occasional situations when knowing how to create a personal hotspot on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr is of the essence. And suffices to need it once and not know how to get it for you to feel really bad about it. Now, if you agree that this is something you should know, let us make you a useful introduction.
To create and use Personal Hotspot on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xr…
- Turn on your iPhone and go to the Settings app to launch it;
- Select the Cellular menu listed in there and, from its other options, the Personal Hotspot entry;
- Switch the toggle assigned to the Personal Hotspot from Off to On;
- After that, tap on the Password field and create a password for your newly created hotspot right there, on the spot;
- Last but not least, select the About section and the Name field;
- Type a new name for your Personal Hotspot to be easily identified by the ones who will try to connect to it.
After you’ve taken care of all that, you can use the other devices to scan for your iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iPhone Xr Personal Hotspot. Tapping on the name that you have chosen and typing the password that you have configured, they will start using wireless internet from your mobile data plan.
And that’s the essence of how to create a Personal Hotspot on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr – you have to have this option included in your data plan! If you don’t, it will be obvious from the fact that you won’t be able to put the entire above into practice. But even that one can be solved if you talk to your carrier and upgrade to a compatible plan.